The Big Bang Theory

Yet another case of life imitating art. Or as Sheldon would call it, "Halo 3 Night."

So, last night, me and the Mrs. were watching "Talk Sex" with Sue, on the Oxygen Network. Why? I have no idea. We both are sick, and had taken cough syrups with codeine in them. There was no reason to still be awake. But there's something just absolutely hilarious about a 70 year old woman discussing sexual techniques, toys, and what not with callers and doing so with vivid enthusiasm and hand motions. So, while being amazed at the 500 commercials for Taboo Toys (an adult toy company), we both laughed at the commercials that usually followed. There was an advertisement for "The Bee Movie," and a few other family friendly things. But one, took the cake. After being hit over the head with the demand to check out the Taboo Toys website, Time Life comes on and proudly announces, "Shout to the Lord all the Earth let us sing..." It was a several minute long commercial for the Time Life series, Songs of Worship. We laughed at the irony of that commercial being shown during "Talk Sex." For a literal 5 minutes.

Ahh, what fun you can have at 1AM with TV and codeine.

 

1 Response to “Crazy things on TV at 12AM”

  1. Christy

    You are Leonard (since I paid attention to names this week). I have to say I might be scared (and slightly more knowledgeable) after watching "talk sex with Sue". Sometimes I like to keep my thoughts of 70 yr olds at knitting and playing scrabble! More posts better follow-- you are linked on my blog now!!


Leave a Reply